Monday, 30 May 2016

Progress on the Brits!

Hi All,
I always seem to start these blog posts by apologising, this is one of three blogs I have which gets the least attention! Basically, my commission painting takes up a lot of my time which can make my own hobby-life tougher to complete. I'm also a self-confessed butterfly gamer, by that I mean I flit between games often.

All this aside I got some work done recently on my Warburg project, that I wanted to share!
I've completed my first British (Hanoverian) unit, Estorff. Here are a couple of pics:




I've used a simpler paint scheme than I did with my French, to get the minis painted quicker. It's at my 'Bronze' level (with added black lining), if painted as a commission. So these are base colours, with a single highlight or shade. I think they look great (but then I'm biased).

The bases on these minis are also slightly thicker (3mm) than the French ones. I like them as there more like playing pieces, rather than a more realistic representation of an actual unit. I'm sure en masse they will look even better. I have bought & base coated all the bases needed to complete the Warburg project, thats progress.

I have also researched all the remaining uniforms/flags needed to complete the project. I have also printed out the flags, in preparation of the minis' completion.

On that note, I'm off to paint the last remaining French (Swiss) infantry. 

As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).